Indian Recipe Collection
Most Popular Recipes
Highest Rated Recipes
Submit a Recipe
USA Indian Info
Gongura Pickle Recipe
Nutritious Soya Chunks Masala
Dab Walla Sabji
Drumstick Vada (MurungaiKai Vadai)
Fresh Carrot Dosa
Palak Paneer Burjee
Oats Idli Platter
Lemon Rice Masala for instant Lemon Rice
Search Listings in USA
North Indian Vegetarian Category
North Indian Vegetarian
( 3.4 ) by 52 users
Add to Bookmarks:
1 small Cauliflower, cut into flowerets
2 tbsp garlic paste
2 tbsp ginger paste
2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp green chilli paste
1/2 bunch coriander leaves, chopped finely
A pinch of saffron (or red coloring), dissolved in milk
2-3 green onions (scallions), chopped finely (If you cannot
find green onions, you can substitute with white,
1 1/2 teaspoon of garlic, chopped
2 tsp soya sauce
1 1/2 tablespoon of cornflour , dissolved in water
1 tablespoon chapati atta(wheat flour)
1/2 cup rice flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup of cornflour
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying the cauliflower
2 tablespoon oil for sauce
1. In a large bowl, combine the chapati atta, rice flour, cornflour, baking powder, salt, soy sauce, 1 tbsp garlic/ginger paste, 1 tsp chilli powder, turmeric powder and 1 tbspn green chilli paste.
2. Mix well with water, till you get the consistency of thin batter.
3. Heat oil in a deep frying pan. Dip the cauliflower flowerets in this batter and deep fry in oil, drain and set aside.
4. In a open pan, add some oil and when it smokes add the chopped onions and fry only till they start becoming brown, add the remaining garlic and ginger paste and fry till golden brown.
5. Now add the chopped garlic and green chilli paste and fry for a minute.
6. Add the soy souce and stir for a minute.
7. Bring down the heat and then add the cornflour-water paste and the red coloring.
8. The mixture will start to thicken. keep on stirring on low heat and when the mixture turns thick enough, add the chopped corainder leaves and stir for 20 seconds. The leaves should not lose thier color.
9. Take this mixture from the heat and pour it onto the fried caulilower.
10. If you desire, you can add the cauliflower when the mixture is in the pan itself in the last stage. But this will turn the cauliflower soggy. It all depends on how you like to eat the cauliflower manchurian soft or crispy.
Please Rate This Recipe:
Excellent - 5 stars
Very Good - 4 stars
Interesting - 3 stars
Fair - 2 stars
Not sure - 1 star
There are no comments: (0)
Write a Comment for Cauliflower Manchuria recipe
All fields are required!
Only 200 char allowed
Please enter the security code.
Kaddu Kofta Curry
Drumstick Aloo Sabzi
Mirchi ka Salan
Phool Makhaani Curry
15 Most Popular
Baby Corn Masala Curry
Bagara Baingan (Hyderabadi Style)
Veg Hakka noodles
Fried Chicken Drumsticks
Capsicum Gravy Curry
Hyderabadi Vegetable Biryani
Chinese Fried Rice
Terms & Conditions
Copyright © 2005 TajRecipe.com | All Rights Reserved