Indian Recipe Collection
Most Popular Recipes
Highest Rated Recipes
Submit a Recipe
USA Indian Info
Gongura Pickle Recipe
Nutritious Soya Chunks Masala
Dab Walla Sabji
Drumstick Vada (MurungaiKai Vadai)
Fresh Carrot Dosa
Palak Paneer Burjee
Oats Idli Platter
Lemon Rice Masala for instant Lemon Rice
Search Listings in USA
( 3.6 ) by 80 users
Add to Bookmarks:
1 litre full fat milk
1/2 cup sugar
3 pods cardamom
5 almonds blanched
3 pistachios skinned
10-15 threads saffron
1. Soak saffron in 2 tsp. hot milk, keep aside.
2. Chop finely or crush coarsely, the almonds and pistachios.
3. Peel and powder cardamom seeds with a mallet.
4. Add to chopped dryfruit.
5. Run saffron with base of a mallet, in cup, till dissolved in milk.
6. Put milk to boil in a large deep pan, stirring occasionally.
7. When it starts boiling, reduce heat and boil.
8. Stir frequently, till milk is 2/3 in volume.
9. Add all other ingredients to boiling milk.
10. Boil further for 3-4 minutes.
11. Take off fire. Cool a little.
12. Pour into a large decorative serving bowl.
13. Allow to cool completely, chill in refrigerator for 4-5 hours.
14. To avoid a layer forming on the surface, stir frequently while cooling.
Serve chilled in individual cups with rose petal to decorate on top, if desired.
Please Rate This Recipe:
Excellent - 5 stars
Very Good - 4 stars
Interesting - 3 stars
Fair - 2 stars
Not sure - 1 star
There are: (6) comments
hi it would be great if u could paste some pics next to it to know how it looks step by step. seems like basundi is going to taste great im gonna try it anyway lol....
This is Mother's Recipe for Basundi.
In Maharashtra and Gujarat Basundi is eaten with Puris as main dish of a festive meal.
This is just like my mother used to make the Basundi.Delicious.
You can add that in Maharashtra and Gujarat Basundi is eaten with Puris as the main dish of a festive meal.
Its a great recipe! Never thought i could make it at home. I have always bought Basundi from the sweetshop and never made it at home. But with this recipe anyone can make it! Thanks..
Write a Comment for Basundi recipe
All fields are required!
Only 200 char allowed
Please enter the security code.
Saffron Rice Pudding
Sweet Saffron Rice
Cardomom And Nuts Icecream
Rose Water Pudding
15 Most Popular
Baby Corn Masala Curry
Bagara Baingan (Hyderabadi Style)
Veg Hakka noodles
Fried Chicken Drumsticks
Capsicum Gravy Curry
Hyderabadi Vegetable Biryani
Chinese Fried Rice
Terms & Conditions
Copyright © 2005 TajRecipe.com | All Rights Reserved